Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Cookie-cutter rockers rule?

It makes me laugh everytime I see another "Cookie-Cutter Rocker" on MTV, late night TV, or elsewhere. These garrish garage-rocking assembly-line anti-adult "musicians" all tend to look the same: anything-but-average haircut (apparently the goofier the better), basic black T-shirt with "cool" obscure logo or message, tattered jeans, black tennis shoes, and rings of wrist bracelets. Sprinkle in a piercing here and there and it's hard to tell one from the other.

I never know whether I'm watching a musical act, an A&F commercial, or an American suburbs family home movie. And the band name has to match their attire for full effect. Again, apparently, the goofier the better. Names like "Dog's Breath," "Blistered Navel," and "Portly Presidents." Did I make those names up or are they real band names? Exactly my point.

Bobblehead bands rock dude! At least on MTV and late night TV these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home