Thursday, May 26, 2005

Funny Craig vs. Unfunny Craig.

Have you seen "TV's Craig Ferguson?" This guy is actually very funny. If you happen to be up late you may see a familiar face if you were a fan of the Drew Carey show, Craig Ferguson, the Scottish actor who played Carey's boss for most of the show's run. While I detested his character on Carey's show and didn't find him to be the least bit funny (ABC sitcoms rarely are), I now find him to be quite funny hosting his own late night talk show. I suspect it is because he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously. (Take note Craig Kilborn.)

Speaking of Craig Kilborn, he was obnoxiously egotistical and repulsive and thank heavens he's gone. Good riddance. Now you have more time to spend in front of a mirror staring at yourself.

By the same token, I now face a decision in my occassional late night viewing: Ferguson or Conan O'Brien? Originally I also disliked O'Brien's show for several seasons. It was juvenile and faux-funny, much like the past couple of seasons of SNL. But then suddently O'Brien seemed to relax and hit his stride. His most recent couple of seasons have been quite good and reminiscent of some of Letterman's early years. Thank heavens for TiVo. Now I can watch both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home